Bombtrack Beyond 1
Complete builds £1850
The Beyond is Bombtrack’s expedition machine.
If the Beyond 1 was a car it would be a Land Rover Defender, tough and dependable and willing to go wherever you’re willing to pedal. Introduced last year, the Beyond has proven itself on countless journeys, not least when our friend Marc Maurer rode 5600Km from Istanbul to Tehran. Designed as a bike packers dream, the Beyond features mounting options for front and rear racks as well as up to five bottle cages. All mounted to a Columbus steel frame with carefully selected tubings, to do the most important job of an adventure bike, to be strong and light.
The geometry of the bike gives a comfortable and stable riding position even when loaded. The specially flared handlebar, although a little strange at first, offers more hand positions, helping the shoulders and upper body stay relaxed for hours in the saddle. The SRAM Apex 2×10 drivetrain provides a smooth simple gear change paired with the more durable mountain bike spec GX and X5 derailleurs. So whatever journey you have in mind remember the Beyond is willing, if you are.
Colours: Complete bike in Metallic Green and Metallic Blue. Frameset in Metallic Green only.
- Smaller sizes use 27.5” wheels instead of 29” for more optimized sitting position as well as improved handling.
- 12mm rear dropout uses a split design allowing for belt drive options.
- Columbus Cromor, double butted front triangle chosen for its lightweight yet durable properties.
- Frame and fork with internal dynamo wire routing.
- Non-drive side chain stay and removable down tube cable routing for Rohloff hub.
- Top tube direct mount ‘fuel’ bag.