Complete builds from £2200
Though the Troll’s geometry is that of a 26″-wheeled mountain bike, it’s unlike most mountain bikes you’ll find in other shops. Although it’s probably as close to a ‘mountain bike’ as we have here it has ample clearance for 28/38/50t mountain-triple chainrings and room for 26 x 3.0″ tires, or 650b x 2.4″. The gusseted front triangle, with its sloping toptube, provides generous standover clearance even when running high-volume rubber. The frame is no longer suspension corrected, more space in the main triangle for a frame bag and a shorter fork with less flex.
The Troll is really a do-it-all monster of a bike. Options are almost limitless as it features Gnot-Boost dropouts with a derailleur hanger, disc caliper mounting slots, plus rack and fender bosses. Fit anything from a 135mm x 10 standard hub, 142 x 12 or 148 x 12 Boost. There’s a dedicated area for anchoring a Rohloff hub OEM2 axle plate, and we’ve included threaded M10 x 1mm holes for installing Surly trailer-mounting nuts or B.O.B. Nutz. The dropout design allows the simultaneous use of a rack, mudguard and disc brake. We include canti pivots, too. Options, options, options.
- Surly 4130 CroMoly Steel ‘Natch tubing
- Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger; Surly “Gnot Boost” 135, 142, and/or 148mm hub spacing compatibility
- Fits up to 26 x 3.00″ tires on 50mm rims and even standard 650b/27.5″ wheels
- Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes
- Sizes S–XL have two sets of triple bottle mounts plus a seattube water bottle mount, XS has two sets of triple bottle-mounts
- Removable cantilever posts and 51mm I.S. with proprietary Surly brake caliper adapter 160mm max rotor, upper seatstay threaded barrels, mid-and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets
- Threaded holes for racks, fenders and trailer mounting nuts
- Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
Available in sizes XS – XL
Colour: Salt Shaker White